Case Study – Teraco Data Environments – Retainer
Teraco Data Environments is the first provider of resilient, vendor neutral data environments in South Africa.
NAPAfrica, located at Teraco, provides clients with access to over 50 countries and stimulates the development of a neutral Internet exchange and reduces IP interconnection costs and complexity in sub-Saharan Africa. It also ensures that content is no longer sourced from Europe, but cached and available locally on the African continent.
Once their current Joburg expansion is complete, Teraco will be the largest data centre in Africa and one of the biggest according to European standards.
Teraco is a retainer client and we have been working with them since January 2012.
- Raise awareness of the company within SA, Africa and abroad
- Educate target markets on the benefits of vendor neutrality and colocation
- Position Lex van Wyk, Jan Hnizdo, Michele McCann and Sven Blom as thought leaders
- Initiation and development of media relationships with Teraco
- Generate thought-leadership articles positioning Teraco as the place ‘where the world connects’ and is seen as the leader in data centre connectivity
- Provide a constant flow of information, communicate company growth and CSI initiatives
- Provide a strategy framework from which to work to position the company in each phase of their growth
- Monitor the market, and provide relevant commentary
“I have had the privilege of working with Samantha Watt and the team at GinjaNinjaPR at various points in my B2B marketing career. In a business relationship that has spanned nearly a decade I have always been impressed by the level of commitment and professionalism demonstrated.
The team at GinjaNinjaPR are extremely creative and proactive in their approach to our PR account. They deliver a consistently high level of quality coverage across our key strategic focuses and are hardworking and energetic. We work very closely with them and they are very much part of the in-house team. I would recommend them to anyone considering appointing a strong, media savvy agency.” – Carla Sanderson, Head of Marketing at Teraco Data Environments
“Teraco is the perfect example of a consistent and successful PR campaign – by allowing the campaign to grow and mature with the company we have seen outstanding results. Furthermore, engagement from the CEO and a close working relationship with the marketing team ensures a constant flow of communication enabling us to provide the best possible service.”
– Samantha Watt, MD of GinjaNinjaPR
Key Coverage Highlights – Gallery
By employing a tactical mix of PR activities we have secured exposure for Teraco in a broad range of arenas – reaching key target markets, countries and continents. The PR campaign has grown and matured with Teraco, and ensures a steady flow of coverage despite peaks and valleys in the communications activities. By understanding exactly what they do and the market in which they play we have provided consistent yet creative opportunities that show no sign of stopping.