Case Study – Joburg Centre for Software Engineering – Retainer
The Joburg Centre for Software Engineering (JCSE), based at Wits University, is multifaceted with various programmes and facilities positioning it as a focal point of the software development industry in South Africa and the rest of the continent.
One of their initiatives – the Tshimologong Precinct – is the site of an exciting new-age software skills and innovation hub. The JCSE is a retainer client and we have been working with them since June 2013.
- Raise awareness of the JCSE – including creating knowledge of the faculty at Wits, their training courses and events, as well as the various partnerships in which they engage
- Position Professor Barry Dwolatzky as an industry expert on software development and education in the technology field in South Africa
- Create awareness and interest for the Tshimologong Precinct by generating media and funder’s interest in this game changing initiative
- Create interest in the Applied Research unit and the research in which they conduct, as well as position Adrian Schofield as an industry expert
- Cover the issue of youth unemployment and call for the creation of jobs in the IT sector
“Working with the JCSE and Prof Barry, in particular, has been a rewarding and enriching experience. We not only understand his passion for the growth and development of the South African software industry – but share in his enthusiasm for creating awareness of their initiatives.”
- Samantha Watt, MD of GinjaNinjaPR
Key Coverage Highlights – Gallery
By engaging in a wide range of PR activities we have accomplished all the aims we originally set out to achieve –furthermore, the campaign grows and matures on a regular basis due to GinjaNinjaPR’s close involvement and relationship with the JCSE team. Over the three years working with the JCSE, we have gained great momentum and the reader and media interest in, and engagement with the JCSE continues to grow.